COVID 19 STATEMENT
We remain open for business, so can deal with customer enquiries and orders as normal.
We continue to monitor regular updates and advice from the UK Government and Public Health England to take the steps deemed necessary to cope with the impact of COVID-19. With a large warehouse and substantial stock levels for all products, we are able to cope with short and medium term demand easily. However, while all of our product suppliers are from outside the UK, we are working closely with them to ensure that a constant supply of stock is maintained to reduce any long-term disruption. We have contingency plans to deal with the event that our courier is unable to function and plans to ensure that we have sufficient staff to deal with customer orders and enquiries. The situation with COVID-19 is changing constantly, so we will monitor this and will post updates here.
Placing and picking up orders:
Temporary precautionary measures have been put in place in terms of placing and picking up orders from our showroom which will come into effect from today.
- Access to our showroom has been suspended which will mean if you are intending to place an order it is recommended that this is done via our online shop where a delivery option “collection” can be selected or by calling our sales team at 01622 355000 to reduce waiting times when you arrive.
- You will still be able to collect your order on site however we are restricting the contact you will have with our staff. Orders will be placed outside your vehicle and payments will be card only until further notice.
Receiving deliveries from our courier:
When attempting delivery to a business address, our couriers have advised us that if the business is closed the goods will not be left and will be returned to our warehouse.
- All goods leave us on a next day service but we are unable to guarantee this due to our carriers not guaranteeing this service to us.
- Due to severe delays your order could take up to 5 working days to arrive. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
Customers are not required to sign for items using the hand-held devices, instead they will log the name of the person taking receipt of the delivery.
- In order to ensure close contact is minimised, our delivery operatives will place items outside reception areas and front doors and knock or call for attention before stepping away to a distance deemed safe to speak with while the item is retrieved
COVID-19 Risk Assessment – Company Statement
On the 7th May, Obart Pumps Ltd held a company meeting with all employees to discuss a COVID-19 Risk Assessment using Government guidelines and implementing an action plan.
This action plan is now fully in place and includes the following:
- 2 metre social distancing in place at all times and areas of the workplace.
- 2 people in any office at any one time adhering to social distancing.
- Face masks are mandatory when walking around the building and warehouse.
- Warehouse staff to have own workstations using own tools, sanitised regularly.
- Staggered lunch breaks.
- Gloves and masks provided to all staff.
- Fork lift trucks are sanitised after each use.
- Sanitising schedule implemented across the workplace.
- Returned goods isolated for 72 hours.
- Air conditioning switched off.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout workplace and regular use encouraged.
- One way system introduced.
- Showroom is closed for customer collections. All orders are paid for in advance and collected outside.
- All deliveries are accepted taking into account social distancing.
Notice time and date: 12.00 Friday 6th November 2020